Hints and Tricks
by Ambrosia Gamers
This section is dedicated to helping you score better on Ambrosia's games. This month
we will focus on Ambrosia's new game Apeiron.
If you have some original hints on game play, send them in. Usually this entire section
is written by our users. Since Apeiron is new to Ambrosia, this month's hints and
tips will be from the Ambrosia home team.
Here are some helpful strategies for Ambrosia's new action hit, Apeiron.
- Killing field -- In the military, a "killing field" is established by removing anything
that your enemy may use for cover from your field of fire. In Apeiron, it is important
to keep the bottom of the screen relatively clear of mushrooms. When you have to
tangle with Cheech and his merry band of killers, you want plenty of room to maneuver.
- Too clean -- Ok, I know I just said to clear the mushrooms away, but do not clear them
all away unless you want to be visited by the flea. Sure, a straight faller is no
problem, but one of his bouncing brothers can really ruin your day.
- Close for the kill -- If you are brave enough, you can earn extra points by getting
as close as possible to the Scorpion before killing him. The closer you are, the
larger the points.
- Run away, fight another day -- I know, I just told you to get close to the Scobster, but if you want to extend game
play ignore him. He always moves from one side of the screen to another, so duck
under him and you are safe. Scobster related fatalities are the number one cause
of death in Apeiron.
- Hit the deck -- If the Pentipede hits the poisoned mushrooms left by the Gecko, it
is time to bottom out. By staying on the bottom of the screen the Pentipede will
hit bottom and then start to work his way upwards. You do not want to be caught in
the middle of a falling 'pede and a climbing 'pede.