Hints and Tricks
by Ambrosia Gamers
This section is dedicated to helping you score better on Ambrosia's games. This month
we will focus on Ambrosia's games, Swoop, and Apeiron.
If you've some original hints on game play, send them in.
Try these tactics out with Ambrosia's new release Swoop.
- Shoot straight -- Every shot counts. The better your accuracy, the higher your bonus
score. Combine good shooting with a multiplier or two and you are on your way to
- Arachnid alert -- That cute little blue bubble is gonna hatch one mean spider. You
must destroy the spider before he gets down to your deck. Once he lands, he will
shuffle over and put the bite on you.
- Watch that first step -- The Swoopers always give it their best shot right away. At
the beginning of each wave, it may be wise to power up with a defensive option or
- They don't call 'em "Swoopers" for nothing -- Just because a Swooper dives off the
screen, it doesn't mean he is out of the picture. Sometimes the little buggers swoop
back. If you see one dive off, be prepared for when he returns.
Here are some helpful strategies for Ambrosia's action hit, Apeiron.
- Take a break -- all the really high scorers have something in common. They take an
occasional break from the action. Apeiron's Pause function is not all that well documented.
Like all other current Ambrosia games, the Caps-Lock key will pause the action and give you access to your Apple menu bar.
- Yummies -- The last issue of The Ambrosia Times had all the Apeiron cheat codes hidden
in it. By clicking your mouse on certain pictures and white space you can really
ad to your arsenal.
- Psychedelic slot machine -- If you zap that wacky magic mushroom, try to finish the
wave and cash in on the mushroom bonus x 10.