[ Home | Library | Contents ]
[ Prev | Next ]
by David Dunham
OS 9 was just released, and our programmer, Matt Slot, has been busy keeping us
compatible. An update to Avara and Barrack were necessary. Here's a list
- Levels with high walls or domes would not load properly under MacOS 9.0,
causing reality fragmentation
- Net Levels had some buggy levels that were fixed in Collection 1. Copied
those levels from Collection 1 and they should work now
- PowerPC acceleration code has been recompiled with a new compiler, so it
should run a bit faster
- Updated version numbers
- Compiled with CodeWarrior Pro 5 and updated to latest Universal
- Fixed bug on "New World" Macs where balls would not bounce after they were
- Fixed write-to-nil bug, which was benign but reported by Macsbug 6.6 and
- Updated to the latest Sound_Tool, for compatibility and speed.
- Added 'alrx' for registration alert.
Cythera has been
updated to version 1.0.4
Matt Slot also found a solution to the problems Cythera was having under OS7.6.1.
Users could play Cythera with no problems, but couldn't use any of the functions
in the file menu.
Change list for Cythera 1.0.4:
- Fixed startup crash when using Macsbug 6.6.
- Fixed problems starting up and using the File menu under 7.6.1.
The 1.0.3 update took care of the following:
- Starting the game, choosing Preferences, then choosing Save causes game
- Aethon wil teach you how to use missiles
- Moving something doesn't clear the "OK to take" bit
- DisplayManagerAware bit set for 68K (so Fat version should have that)
- Entering Tavara Stronghold "shimmers and disappears" now works correctly.
- When you buy more than one non-counted object, it correctly creates the right
number (instead of one too many)
- Replicate spell is a bit less powerful now (doesn't replicate _everything_
- Harpy corpses have too high a priority, and yet can't be moved.
- Seldane object stops working, turning all white (this only occurs if you have
a corrupted persistance storage heap in 1.0.x that was fixed in 1.0.2, but only
- Clears all "targets" and "modes" when you restore/open a game (though if you
exploited this problem, there is a chance that random items will forever be
missing from the game)
- Touched up the shadow on the Seldane device (so there is no white rim on it)
- Fixed problem with various "detect" spells/skills that had false positives.
- Fixed the buried treasure being "stealing" problem
- Fixed the rogue character's "Lock Picking" skill not working correctly
("-Starting game as a rogue, the rogue has the skill None(0)") - "LockPick" vs
"LockPicking" are two very different things, one is an item, the other a skill.
- When you leave the disappearing fortress, you correctly return to the main
- The Sapphire Book that you get from the Seldane is now the correct one.
Ares has been updated to version 1.1.1
Ares was updated to version 1.1.1 to fix the following:
Now, all of you keeping track of Jason's future meals , keep in mind,
he only eats a bug for every bug found in a product released after the press
release (8/19/99). The Avara, and Barrack bugs don't count. Those games were
released long ago and are being updated. Unfortunately for Jason, both Cythera and Ares were
released after the press announcement, so the entire list of bugs for Cythera and Ares is on his
menu. Also, any bugs found in the updates listed above are fair game for Jason's
- Demo couldnt be stopped if pause key (caps lock) was down; demo now pauses if pause key is down
- While entering message, hitting transfer control key would still transfer
control; this will no longer happen
- Version 1.0 preferences werent accounted for; now if version 1.0 preferences
are present, the keys will revert to the defaults
- It was possible to escape the boundaries of the playing area by nuzzling into
a corner; this is no longer possible
- In some net levels, the all-your-ships have died message wasnt displayed if
you lost all your ships, likewise if your opponent lost all his ships, and both
players would simply be presented with an empty screen; this has been fixed
- In Make Way the planets were incorrectly named; they are now correctly named
Fansi Alpha and Beta
- When a slow computer and a fast computer tried to start a smaller net game for
the second time, it was possible that after the level was loaded both computers
would be stuck on a Waiting for Other Player message; this has been fixed
- Networking may not have worked on pre-MacOS 8 68K systems. Installer now
installs required components for NetSprocket on pre-MacOS 8 systems with
- Some system enhancements, such as Boomerang, may have interfered with Ares'
opening of its data files; Ares is now more compatible with such enhancements.
[ Prev | Home |
Contents | Next ]
Copyright ©1995-9 by Ambrosia Software, Inc. - All rights