Entrants will compete for cash awards in three categories:
Documentation - Snapz Pro 2 has long been the screen capture tool of choice for technical writers. Now, with the addition of QuickTime capture, Snapz Pro 2 is revolutionizing online documentation writing. Use Snapz Pro 2 to communicate about your Mac in video.
Presentation - Sales pitches, proposals, or anything that would require video of a Mac's screen are perfect opportunities to exploit the power of Snapz Pro.
Experimental - The Mac has always been a platform with its share of artists, and Snapz Pro 2 provides another way of making digital art.
Applicants may submit their videos by e-mailing them to contest@SnapzPro.com, or by mailing them to Ambrosia's offices on CD-ROM, CD-R, zip media, or floppy disc. Entries must contain elements that were captured with Snapz Pro 2. The use of other QuickTime-related products in the creation of the entry is acceptable.
The judging period will be from August 23 through Decmeber 31, 1999. Prizes will be awarded January 31, 2000.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Contest begins 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) 8/23/99 and ends 11:59 PM EST 12/31/99 ("entry period.") There are two ways to enter: online, or by mail. No other method of entry will be accepted. To enter online during the entry period, email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be a registered user of Snapz Pro 2 to enter.
If you do not wish to enter online, you may still enter the contest by mailing your entry on clearly and reduntantly labeled CD-ROM, CD-R, or ZIP media to: QuickTime Festival, Ambrosia Software, PO Box 23140, Rochester, NY 14692. Mail-in entries must be received by September 30, 1999.
Entries do not become the property of Ambrosia Software, Inc, but Ambrosia will reserve the right to showcase winning videos in promotional campaigns. Entry media will not be returned.
2. JUDGING: Winners selected as follows: Winners and runners up will be selected in three categories from all eligible entries received (online and mail-ins). Winners will be selected on or about January 31, 2000 from all eligible entries received (online and mail-ins) by an Ambrosia representative, whose decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this contest. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded.
3. PRIZES: Grand Prize: (3) Awards of $100 cash. Runner-Ups: (6) Awards of $50 cash. Total value of all prizes: $600. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by electronic mail. By entering, the contest winner agrees to waive any and all claims against the sponsor, its affiliates, employees, agents, and representatives for personal injury or loss which may occur from the participation in this contest or from the receipt or use of any prize, and grant to sponsor the right to publicize such winner's name, likeness, and/or video unless prohibited by law.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any contest-related materials; stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, postage due or illegible entries. Neither Ambrosia Software, nor any telephone network or internet service providersare responsible for incorrect, inaccurate transcription or loss of entry information for any reason whatsoever. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these official rules, including all eligibility requirements.
All applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prize is not transferable. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Ambrosia Software or its agents.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to legal residents of the planet Earth. Employees of Ambrosia Software, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
Entries must contain elements that were captured with Snapz Pro 2. The use of other QuickTime-related products in the creation of the entry is acceptable.
7. WHO WON?: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: QuickTime Festival Winners, Ambrosia Software, PO BOX 23140, Rochester, NY 14692; the winners will also be announced in the March-April Issue of The Ambrosia Times.
8. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this contest is Ambrosia Software, Inc., PO Box 23140, Rochester, NY, 14692.