Move. And then move some more. A stationary H.E.C.T.O.R. is a dead H.E.C.T.O.R.
• Take advantage of your terrain. Some levels lend themselves to stalking and hunting, others to Berserker tactics.
• Keep em guessing. Be erratic in your movement and your tactics and your opponents won't be able to second guess you.
• Remember that shields get replenished with time. both your's and your enemy's. If you have to take a few blasts in order to finish off an opponent with your missiles, do it. Your shields will come back. If you run then your enemy's shields will regenerate.
• Timing can be everything. If you hear a missile coming, sometimes jumping at the last second will let the missile hit the ground harmlessly beneath you.
• Take advantage of your Scout. Use your eye in the sky to keep an eye on the enemy.
• That stereo sound isn't just for fun. If you use headphones, or good speakers, you can hear where incoming ordinance is coming from, and track your enemy down.